What is Pure Light?
Pure Light is a light emitting diode (LED) system specifically designed to contour the body by losing inches in circumference off specific body areas (waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck) without any pain, downtime, needles or surgery. Pure Light is composed of 8 pads that are strapped directly to the fatty areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. Before and after pictures
Where does the fat go?
The lymphatic system which is ‘powered’ by muscle movement. This system of lymph nodes and vessels running throughout the body is responsible for transporting fatty acids to the circulatory system for metabolism.
- Lymph nodes release enzymes to break triglycerides down into free-fatty acids.
- The free-fatty acids are then used as energy for the body and burned off during exercise.
- If aerobic exercise is not performed following your Pure Light treatments, some fat (not all) will be reabsorbed by the cells.
- For best results, cardiovascular exercise should be performed sometime after the treatment.
How quickly does Pure Light work and what results can I expect?
Results can be seen immediately. Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to eighteen inches over the course of a series of treatments. Individual results vary.
How long is a Pure Light treatment and what does it feel like?
Clients can expect to feel a gentle, warm sensation. Most individuals read, watch television, or take a nap during the fifteen minute treatment.
How can I optimize my Pure Light results?
Hydration and exercise are critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water) spread out throughout the day to flush the fat from the system. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged. The client should be active and burn 350 calories every day during their choice of cardio exercise.
What areas of the body can I treat?
Essentially all parts of the body where subcutaneous deposits of fat can be found may be treated with Pure Light, especially those resistant to diet and exercise.
Does Pure Light help with loose skin?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Pure Light have noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture.
Does Pure Light improve the appearance of cellulite?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Pure Light have noticed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
What are the side effects?
There are zero side effects. The treatment is painless and normal activities can be resumed immediately.
How is Pure Light different than liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, Pure Light is completely non-invasive and only affects fat cells temporarily. Pure Light does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure.
How long will results last?
Pure Light does not destroy fat cells but empties them of their content which means that fat cells are capable of re-storing fat should the client have a chronic caloric imbalance. A balanced diet is the only way to ensure long-term improvement. Clients who eat more calories than they burn will see their improvement decrease over time.
How many treatments will I need?
Clients within a normal weight range require eight treatments. Overweight clients require twelve treatments.
Would more treatments lead to better results?
Yes, additional treatments will lead to improved results. An additional series of Pure Light treatments can begin immediately after the first series.
Why should clients avoid alcohol during the Pure Light process?
There are three main reasons why alcohol should be avoided with Pure Light:
- Alcohol is a diuretic and it is critical that the body stays optimally hydrated throughout the treatment program.
- Alcohol also contains a lot of calories: a 5-ounce glass of red wine packs 100 calories! This directly conflicts with the recommendations of the program which calls for a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Third and most importantly, alcohol is processed as fat by the liver which directly restricts the body’s ability to process the newly liberated fat. Once liberated by Pure Light, the fat that is not used up as energy to fuel the body’s normal metabolic needs fat is processed by the liver using enzymes. The total amount of fat being processed at any given time is limited by the amount of enzymes produced by the liver. Alcohol is processed as fat by the liver using the same enzymes. So, when the liver is busy processing alcohol, it is not able to process the fat liberated by Pure Light. Hence more time/treatments are required to achieve results.